We take your privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting it. We believe that you should easily know what personal data we collect and use, as well as to understand your rights in respect of your personal data.
This page explains our policies and practices regarding how we collect, use, and disclose the personal data that we collect through our digital properties, our locations, or during our events.
We recommend that you read this carefully as it provides important information about your personal data.
What personal data do we collect and how is it collected?
Personal data is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. For example, it may include an individual’s name and address.
We may collect personal data either directly from you (for example when you purchase a product in a store) or indirectly (for example from your electronic devices that interact with our digital properties).
Information you provide directly to us
You may provide us with information:
- When you create an account online or in our stores
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- When you purchase products or services on our website or in our stores
- When you visit our stores
- When you participate in one of our events
- When you contact our customer-services
Depending on what you provide us with, such information may include
- Your identity (including your first name, last name, image, nationality)
- Your contact details (including your postal address(es), email address(es), phone number(s))
- Your personal status (including your title)
- Your purchases and repairs (including purchase history, order details)
- Your preferences
- Certain payment information (including billing information, payment type or method, or credit card number)
- Other information you may provide by filling forms or by contacting us (including your feedback, or other communications with us which may include health data relating to dietary restrictions and preferences).
We will inform you when your information is required in order to process your request, to respond to your queries or to provide you with our products and services. If you do not provide this information, then it may delay or prevent us from processing your request, responding to your query or providing products or services to you.
We hope to ensure that the personal data we possess are accurate at all times and therefore we encourage you to update your information in case any changes have occurred. We also may ask you to update your information from time to time.
We recommend that you only provide the data requested or necessary for your query, with the exception of any sensitive information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, data concerning health, sex life or sexual orientation.
Information indirectly collected
We may also collect information about you from third parties, such as a spouse who contacts us on your behalf or from your friends who provide us with your information in order to invite you to events you may be interested in.
We remind you that we do not collect, directly or indirectly, personal data from persons under the age of 16, without prejudice to any local law setting a different minimum age. We therefore ask you not to provide us with personal data of persons who do not meet this requirement.
Why do we collect your personal data and how do we use it?
We collect and use your personal data based on one or many of the following legal basis:
- we have obtained your prior consent (for example, when you subscribe to our newsletter). Please note that for this specific legal basis, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (see below “What rights do you have on your personal data?”)
- the processing is necessary in connection with any contract between MAN OF PARTS and you (for example, when you make a purchase)
- we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms (for example, to prevent payment fraud)
- we have to process your personal data to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Depending on the context, we may use your personal data in order to:
- provide you with the products or services you requested
- conduct checks to identify you and verify your identity
- send you Promotional Communications - with your prior consent (see section “Promotional Communications”)
- provide you after-sale services and manage refunds
- respond to your queries, suggestions, and requests, including your data subjects’ rights exercises
- manage complaints and litigation
- manage the events you registered and/or participated in
- to detect, prevent and fight against any fraudulent or illegal activity, including to protect your transactions from payment fraud, to act against counterfeiting and against the resale of our products in violation of our terms and conditions of sale and/or outside our distribution network
- protect you, employees, and other individuals in our locations as well as our property
- manage the stock of certain types of rare products to allow a fair allocation of the products we sell
- monitor and improve our website
- conduct statistical analysis, in particular to adapt our product offer (including the use of your nationality after anonymization)
- improve our products and services
- respect our legal obligations, including providing information to regulatory bodies when legally required
Promotional Communications (newsletter, invitations, etc.)
With your express prior consent, you may receive information concerning offers, services, products, or events sent by MAN OF PARTS and/or by other WEISHAUPT DESIGN GROUP companies (“Promotional Communications”). In such a case, you also accept that your contact information is shared with other WEISHAUPT DESIGN GROUP group companies for this purpose.
We rely on your consent to process the personal data you provide to us for this purpose. Therefore, if you no longer wish to receive such information, you can withdraw your consent at any time (see below “What rights do you have on your personal data?”).
We may ask you to confirm or update your preferences regarding Promotional Communications if you instruct us to provide further products and/or services in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data are processed for the period necessary for the purposes for which they have been collected, to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and for the duration of any period necessary to establish, exercise or defend any legal rights.
How do we disclose and transfer your personal data?
We may disclose your personal data only to the parties indicated below and for the following reasons:
- We disclose your personal data to WEISHAUPT DESIGN GROUP employees that need to have access to your personal data and are authorized to process them in order to achieve the aforementioned purposes and who are committed to confidentiality.
- We may also disclose personal data to third-party providers acting on behalf of WEISHAUPT DESIGN GROUP and approved by WEISHAUPT DESIGN GROUP.
All such processing is based on our prior instructions set out in a binding contract that is compliant with the requirements of applicable law. Such disclosures are made for different purposes including:
- IT development and support
- Hosting and carrying out marketing and business studies and marketing campaigns
- Verifying your information, authenticating payments and processing orders and payments, to third parties that provide credit reporting, payment or order fulfilment services
- Delivery services
- Data quality management services (standardization, deduplication)
These providers are committed to confidentiality and are not permitted to use your personal data for any other purposes. We also require them to use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
Part of those service providers are located outside of your country, notably outside the EU. We have taken steps to ensure all personal data is provided with adequate protection and that all transfers of personal data, including outside the EU are done lawfully. Where we transfer personal data outside of the EU to a country not determined by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data, the transfers will be under an agreement which covers the EU requirements for the transfer of personal data outside the EU, such as the European Commission approved standard contractual clauses, or under other appropriate safeguards.
To obtain a copy of the relevant adequate safeguards, you can send us your request using the details in Section “How to contact us?” below.
- We may be required by the binding requirements of an applicable law, or for the purposes of responding to legal proceedings or other lawful requests to disclose your personal data to authorities or third parties.
- We may also disclose or otherwise process your personal data, in accordance with applicable law, to defend our legitimate interests (for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings). For example, we may disclose such personal data as necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against a person or entity who may be violating our Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use, or who may be causing injury to, or interfering with, other users of our website.
- In the event that MAN OF PARTS or WEISHAUPT DESIGN GROUP companies, or all or part of its or their assets, are acquired by a third party, your personal data may be included in the transferred assets.
How do we protect your personal data?
All your personal data is strictly confidential and will only be accessible, on a need-to-know basis, to duly authorized personnel of MAN OF PARTS and other entities of the WEISHAUPT DESIGN GROUP and third providers acting on our behalf with appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards.
The WEISHAUPT DESIGN GROUP has implemented security measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access and use. We follow appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data so as to prevent unauthorized access by third parties and to prevent your data being accidentally lost. We limit those who access your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to access it. Those who do access your data will be subject to a duty of confidentiality towards WEISHAUPT DESIGN GROUP.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We also require those parties to whom we transfer your personal data to comply with the same. However, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, we cannot ensure the security of your personal data transmitted by you to us via the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk and you acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any unauthorized use, distribution, damage or destruction of Your Information, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility under the law. Once we have received your personal data, we will use the security measures abovementioned.
What rights do you have on your personal data?
In accordance with the applicable data protection laws, you can, at any time, request access, rectification, erasure, and portability of your personal data or restrict and object to the processing of your personal data. A summary of these rights is provided below:
Your right of access: the right to be provided with a copy of your personal data.
Your right to rectification: the right to require us to correct any mistakes in your data or to complete your information.
Your right to be forgotten: the right to require us to delete your personal data — in certain situations.
Your right to restriction of processing: the right to require us to restrict processing of your personal data — in certain circumstances, for example if you contest the accuracy of the data.
Your right to data portability: the right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party — in certain situations.
Your right to object to processing: the right to object:
- at any time to your personal data being processed for direct marketing
- in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, e.g. processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
When the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you may at any time decide to withdraw it. If your consent is withdrawn, it won’t affect the processing of your personal data based on other legal bases, such as fulfilling your orders and storing your order data as required by applicable law.
If you no longer wish to receive our marketing/promotional information, we remind you that you may withdraw your consent to direct marketing at any time directly from the unsubscribe link included in each electronic promotional message we send to you. If you do so, we will promptly update our databases, and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any products or services you have requested.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority in case of alleged infringement of the data protection rules applicable to you.
To exercise any of those rights, please contact us using the contact information below (see “How to contact us”).
Please note that upon exercising any of the rights listed above, you will be requested to let us know what right you want to exercise and provide information (copy of an identity card, passport or other legally recognized identity) for identification purposes in order to process your request and protect you against fraudulent requests from third parties.
How to contact us?
In issues relating to your account, to withdraw your consent, to ask general questions or to lodge a complaint, please contact our Customer Service:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: +1 416 548 7788
By mail: Attn Marketing, 51 Esandar Dr. Toronto, ON M4G 4C5, Canada
In issues specifically related to marketing emails, we remind you that you can, at any time, directly unsubscribe through the “unsubscribe” link in any electronic marketing messages we sent to you.
What is a cookie?
By continuing to use the website, you consent to our cookie settings and agree that you understand the terms of our cookies policy.
What cookies do we use?
These are particularly statistical analysis cookies that collect information about navigation on our website, thereby enabling us to improve your user experience and tailor the services to your preferences. There are also advertising cookies that aim to personalize and/or improve the content and browsing experience by providing you with interest-based services on other websites.
All of the information collected is anonymous.
Essential website cookies:
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Website and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
Analytics and customization cookies:
These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Website for you.
Name: 689d5b4562 Purpose: Provider: manofparts.com Service:
These are cookies that have not yet been categorized. We are in the process of classifying these cookies with the help of their providers.
Name: localization Purpose: Provider: manofparts.com Service:
Name: user_id Purpose: Provider: manofparts.com Service:
Name: quote_id Purpose: Provider: manofparts.com Service:
Managing your cookie preferences
You can easily disable and/or delete cookies from your computer, tablet or mobile phone by managing your browser settings.
We recommend that you do not disable cookies strictly necessary for the website to function (cookie described as "essential" in the "What cookies do we use?" table) because this would prevent you from ordering online and enjoying the services of the website.
In order to manage cookies to best suit your needs, please bear in mind the purpose of cookies when setting your browser.